The WCDA provides this space for owners to publicize announcements of RFPs/RFQs. If you would like to post a notice here, please contact Teresa Porath at TPorath@WaterCollaborativeDelivery.org
Walnut Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant Expansion
There has been further interest in plant tours for this project prior to issuance of the CMAR RFQ. We are extending the invitation to everyone that would like to schedule an informal plant tour on a weekday between January 17 and 27. To allow time for plant tours, we will reschedule the RFQ issue date from January 23 to January 30.
If you would like to schedule a plant tour for your team, please contact Rebecca Vento by email no later than 5 p.m. on January 12: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Rebecca Vento PE, Supervising Engineer, Facility Engineering, Austin Water, Rebecca.Vento@austintexas.gov
Notice of Request for Proposals: CMAR Services for the Gypsum WWTP Expansion and Improvements Project
The Town of Gypsum (Owner) is seeking a qualified firm or team to perform construction manager at-risk (CMAR) services for the Gypsum Wastewater Treatment Plant Expansion and Improvements Project (Project).
The Owner invites Proposers to submit Proposals according to the requirements set forth in the Request for Proposals (RFP). Proposals in response to this Solicitation must be submitted electronically to the Owner Contact before 12:00 p.m. local time, January 31, 2023. Proposals must be fully compliant with the requirements contained within the RFP.
The Proposals will be reviewed and evaluated using a competitive, best-value selection process described in the RFP. At completion of the evaluation process, the Owner will select a Proposer to award, or enter into negotiations for award of, the CMAR Contract.
The Work to be performed includes preconstruction and construction phase services for the construction of the Project. The Project includes construction of the following recommended improvements:
- An influent lift station with submersible sewage handling pumps with overflow storage
- A 2,550-square-foot headworks building in compliance with NFPA 820 to house new mechanical screens and grit removal
- A Johannesburg secondary process designed to comply with CDPHE Policy WPC-DR-1 and capable of treating wastewater to meet the effluent requirements of Regulation 85. Items included in this process are listed below:
o Four secondary process basins with five zones each (sludge denitrifying, anaerobic, anoxic, swing, and aerobic)
o Three secondary clarifiers
- A 4,60- square-foot secondary process building to house new blowers, process pumps, chemical feed tanks, chemical feed equipment, and associated equipment, and electrical gear for the secondary process
- Coagulation/flocculation process and tertiary filtration
- A 2,250-square-foot ultraviolet (UV) disinfection building to house UV disinfection modules, non-potable water system, chemical feed tanks, chemical feed equipment, and effluent flow metering
- Solids handling processes to treat and dewater biosolids generated from the new Johannesburg process. Items included in this process are listed below:
o Aerobic digesters
o A 4,350-square-foot digester complex process building to house new digester blowers, sludge pumps, dewatering equipment, and electrical room
o A 1,500-square-foot dewatered solids truck loading area
A pre-proposal meeting for those interested in responding to the RFP will be held in person and via Microsoft Teams. Attendance at this meeting is mandatory. The meeting will be held at 10:00 a.m. MST on January 5, 2023. At this meeting, the Owner and Engineer will offer information about the Project and the procurement process. Interested parties shall contact the Owner to acknowledge receipt of the RFP and obtain an invitation to the pre-proposal meeting if attending remotely.
The complete RFP is available on the Town’s website: https://www.townofgypsum.com/Home/Components/RFP/RFP/24/1089